RFP FOR INNOVATIVE ARTS PRODUCTIONS
WHRO is pleased to issues a Request for Proposals (RFP) from organizations for a distinctive arts production to be recorded and broadcast to the Hampton Roads community by WHRO.
Through the generosity of a donor, WHRO has received limited funds to issue an annual RFP for the creation of a broadcast special celebrating an arts presentation that would be relevant, and through the broadcast be more accessible, to the community. We are inviting interested arts organizations or individuals to consider projects they plan for implementation between July 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017.
Programs must be:
- Relevant to this community
- Be innovative
- Have wide community/audience appeal
- Be visually exciting as a broadcast program
- Submit a full proposal on WHRO’s Arts Proposal form (WHRO may request a budget).
- Be responsible for all financial costs for the implementation of the project (planning, location, resources, staffing, artists, performance, marketing, etc…)
- Filming to occur between fall 2016 and spring 2017.
- Allow filming of the project development and “behind the scenes.”
- Be responsible for all marketing and promotions of project
- Marketing and promotion of the broadcast must match WHRO’s promotion
- Be in good financial standing with WHRO
- Will leverage the partnership to secure funding for an educational component
- WHRO is especially interested in productions not accessible to the broader community
WHRO will provide all equipment, resources, and personnel to:
- Record the project
- Complete all audio and visual post-production
- Air completed program on WHRO 15 and stream on website
- Make available to all national Public Media stations for airing
- Promote program on WHRO’s TV, radio, online, and print channels
- RFP issues March 25, 2016
- Application deadline: June 15, 2016
- All applications will be reviewed by a panel of 5-6 community members and WHRO staff
- Finalists may be invited to an in-person panel review mid-July, 2016 (date TBD)
- Decision made by August 12, 2016
- Performance date/filming to occur between fall 2016 and spring 2017.
- Project completed for airing by July, 2017